Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Standards and lunch

I went on the hunt for collard greens but my neighborhood store (family owned and has tons of veggies) did not have any collard greens.

When I asked about it they said, "The greens were not looking great today so we didn't buy any." 


Yup, my local store has standards. I thought about running to one of the big chain grocery stores and getting some but heck no, I am going to support my local market and their firm stand on quality. My ham hocks will have to wait for another day.

This is what I made when I got home:


Parmesan and blue cheese pizza.


It was very fast since I pulled out the pizza dough from the freezer last night.

I used a bottle to roll out the dough, hence the hatch marks - I really need to get a rolling pin.

Some tomato sauce.

Parmesan and blue cheese.

It went into a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes. It came out bubbly and delicious.


I didn't forget the dogs.

Two mini balls of dough.



Dog pizza toppings.
Take my word for this - you do not want to cook the dogs mini pizzas at the same time as yours. If you do, your pizza will be infused with a very strong fishy smell.

Thankfully, I did not do this - really, I didn't...

And, as usual, the dog's treats came out gorgeous looking:
 

Smoked sardine doggie pizza.

0 comments:

Post a Comment