Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Endless experiments

This is the one salad I keep experimenting with and I still haven't created a version I really love.

Chinese Chicken Salad Take 2:


Red leaf lettuce.


Shredded green cabbage.


Shredded carrot and chopped green onion.


Next, I pan roasted a chicken breast:

The chicken turned out very juicy!

I chopped the chicken into large chunks.

I tossed some almond slivers into a dry, hot pan and let them cook till nicely brown.

And do yourself a favor and don't step away from the stove while they cook (like I did) because you will end up with a pan of burnt almonds (like I did). They really only take about 20 - 30 seconds to toast.











Did the salad turn out pretty? Sure.

Did I love the dressing? Not so much.

I mixed soy sauce, sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and ground black pepper.

It was ok - but not great. 

Does anyone have a recipe for homemade Chinese Chicken Salad dressing that they LOVE?

Oops, I almost forgot my drink:

Cold Chamomile tea.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment