Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

First meal

Sometimes I get so busy/distracted in the mornings that I don't eat right away.

Today was one of those days. 


It was getting close to 11:30 before I realized I hadn't eaten anything yet. 

So, instead of calling it breakfast or brunch I decided to call it first meal :-)

Tofu miso scramble.


I started with a few simple ingredients:

Carrot, grated ginger, tofu and green cabbage.

The carrot and cabbage went into a pan on medium heat with a teaspoon of coconut oil.

When the vegetables were softened (about 7 minutes) I turned the heat to low and added in the ginger, tofu and the miso mixture.

A mixture of 1Tbsp. of miso paste, 1/4 cup of water and 1 Tbsp. of soy sauce.

I covered the pan and let it simmer on low for another five minutes.


The dish turned out somewhere between a stew and a soup. The veggies still had some crunch and the tofu picked up ginger/miso flavor. Yum!



There was quite a bit of sauce after cooking - so this would also do well ladled over a bed of rice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment