Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spicy oven baked sweet potato fries

Today I woke up craving fries.



I still have bunches of sweet potatoes to work through so I peeled one large sweet potato - 




Chopped it up -




And tossed the fries with dry seasoning mix of paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.




I then sprayed them with olive oil. I chose the spray oil so I could use as little oil as possible.




Then I arranged them in a single layer on a sheet pan.





They went into a 450 degree oven for 30 minutes (until golden brown). I forgot to flip them so one side was extra crispy and the other side was not:-(. Definitely flip them halfway through cooking. 



While I was waiting for the fries to finish cooking I made myself a drink.




I mixed 1/2 a scoop of Amazing Grass with 8 oz. of kefir and 2 oz. of Pellegrino. It tasted like a fizzy - berry mocktail. Yum!




And the last of the Cara Cara oranges.




And since I was out and about early this morning - I picked up some caffeine.




Back to the fries -


Oven baked spicy sweet potato fries with dipping sauce of 1Tbsp. of ketchup mixed with 1 tsp. of Tofutti sour cream.
The spice mix on these fries was a winner. I went heavy on the paprika and black pepper, medium on the garlic powder and light on the chili powder.


They were actually tasty enough on their own that I ate very little of the dip. 


I am eager to try out this recipe with regular russet potatoes.


I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment