Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Guilt-free day

I woke up today thinking about the huge list of things I needed to do today. And I was suffused with guilt over things I should have done yesterday.

Keep in mind that these to-do lists are never realistic. I would need a 30hr day and no sleep in order to finish all of them. 

And for some reason, this morning, it occurred to me what a ludicrous and useless emotion guilt is. I suppose it has its place in a wider social sense. But when guilt is turned inwards?? It is a very bad thing.

So, today is going to be a guilt-free day. 

I don't have many feeling of guilt towards food and this probably why (ironically) I had a breakfast very few people would feel guilty about.

Oatmeal, coffee and scrambled eggs.

The eggs turned out to be more of a chopped crepe since I left the pan unattended when I should have been stirring them gently.



I added a scoop of peanut butter and a drizzle of maple syrup to the oatmeal.



And because I might need to feel energized on my guilt-free day:

A large mug of very strong coffee - 




It will be interesting to see where the day will take me :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment