Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Strawberry fields



My ideas for breakfast started out with strawberries. Plump, sweet, giant strawberries.

I decided I also wanted to use this:



I mixed 2 Tbsp. of the mozzarella with one Tbsp. of Tofutti cream cheese and added one sprinkle of nutmeg and two sprinkles of cinnamon.

I spread this over a corn tortilla.



Then a layer of strawberries.





I topped it with another tortilla and put it in a pan on medium until the cheese melted. But the question of the morning is - Does non-dairy cheese really melt?


It does, kinda, sorta. 

Yes, it did melt but not in the glossy gooey way dairy cheese does. The non-dairy cheese melted to a certain point and then just stayed that way. Like it was frozen in time with matte makeup.


But the flavor was pretty tasty. The Daiya cheese did have a wonderful, slightly smoky flavor that paired really well with the sweetness of strawberries.



So it was not a true quesadilla experience but definitely a doable option if you are going non-dairy.

Oh, and I had a big mug of coffee. 



I was up (off and on) last night with nightmares. Anyone else feel like they are dragging the next day after having more than one nightmare in a night???

2 comments:

  1. This quesadilla sounds awesome! I love the combination and bet this would make for one killer breakfast =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! Although I would stick with dairy cheese, I love the idea of strawberries in quesadillas!

    ReplyDelete