Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chicken breakfast taco and 6 month anniversary

Chicken breakfast taco.
I wanted a big brunch style breakfast this morning. Chicken tacos sounded just right.

I pulled two Rosie's chicken breasts out of the freezer and put them in a pot to boil for 30 minutes.

Then it was time to shred:



Most of this shredded chicken I put in the fridge for use later in the week.

Then the assembly begins:

Shredded chicken.

A light sprinkle of shredded cheese and a spoonful of guacamole.

A sprinkle of Tabasco.


A big handful of shredded lettuce.

And I also made a big fruit salad.

 
With a dollop of Bulgarian yogurt and a drizzle of Udo's oil.



I didn't eat this all at once. It was a lot of food! I ate the chicken tacos first and then about 2 hours later I enjoyed the fruit salad.



This morning I realized that I am coming up on the 6 month anniversary of my blog. 

The time has gone by so fast! And the photos were so awful in my first posts - it is fun to look back at them :-)

Happy Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Thanks for the recipe for breakfast tacos. I have some shredded chicked (canned, I'm afraid) to work with, and was looking for a way to have that in a breakfast meal. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete