Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Vegetable fajitas on the run

The work continues. They were doing painting and inspections, etc. so I was in the way even just sitting at my desk. 

I popped the dogs in the car and headed out to do errands. 

When 11am rolled around I was getting hungry since I ate breakfast so early.

I decided to head to a local taqueria.


It is a cute little place but during lunch time it can get really crowded as the workers from the many office building in the area flock in to get their burrito/taco fix.

 

I ordered the vegetarian fajitas.







It came with a really huge whole wheat tortilla but it turned out way to messy to try to eat taco style with a tortilla that big. I ended up just eating the veggies straight out of the takeout container.

The failed taco attempt.


It also came with tortilla chips but I skipped those. I did give each of the dogs a tortilla chip.

Connor is not much of a gentleman when it comes to taking treats - he is a grabber.




Abby, on the other hand, is very gentle.


Here she is gently holding onto her chip while she patiently waits for me to take the picture.


I should have ordered one of the smaller plates - I only managed to finish about 1/3 of the portion and I will probably end up having to toss the rest((((
 
I am hoping that this is the last day of the work for the inside of my apartment. And I am REALLY hoping that they did put insulation around the pipes - as they said they would - otherwise I will have the joy of hearing my neighbors every time they run the faucet, use the shower or flush the toilet (Ewww).

 

3 comments:

  1. That restaurant looks so good! They have some great options...and serve TONS of food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when restaurants have *really good* vegetarian options besides just some measley veggies. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete