Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Easy no-cook meal

Last night I really didn't want to cook. Even though the weather had cooled off a bit, my cement patio was still giving off a lot of heat.

Tuna fish and black bean tacos.

I know this sounds like an odd combination but it was incredibly delicious and I didn't have to turn on the stove.

I mixed one packet of chunk-lite tuna with 1 tsp. of Veganaise, 1 Tbsp. of mustard, a pinch of garlic powder and lots of fresh ground black pepper.

Since I didn't want the tuna fish to make the bottom of the taco soggy, I started with layer of shredded lettuce.

On top of that went a handful of black beans (drained and rinsed), tuna fish, some chopped green onion, a slice of avocado and lots of fresh chopped cilantro.



And you won't see any pictures of what I made this morning because I had the exact same meal again for breakfast.


With coffee, of course.

This afternoon I am turning on the stove and making a recipe I have been trying to perfect. 

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. I have those days when my kitchen feels like a fireplace-even though the air conditioning is on. Perhaps someone forgot to insulate my oven?! Not sure, anyhow this no cook meal will come in handy, it will be awhile before it gets cool again-the tacos look delicious.

    ReplyDelete