Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

All in a day

Mustard rubbed salmon with brown rice and green beans.

I scrapped the idea of doing the recipe I had planned because the idea of something simmering on the stove for 2 hours was just too much to bear.

Instead I made some salmon. I rubbed the salmon filet with yellow mustard (use dijon if you like that wasabi bite) and then sprinkled it with bread crumbs, paprika and a pinch of salt.

Then it went into a hot skillet, skin side down, for 4 minutes and then I flipped it and cooked it for another 4 minutes.



On the side I added some leftover brown rice and some green beans that steamed while the salmon cooked.



A great lunch that was ready in under 10 minutes. 


Yup, it's all in a day - fast, simple food that doesn't come out of a can or a box.

 

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to rub the salmon in mustard! I've still never made salmon...not good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! what a fabulous "complete" meal!

    ReplyDelete