Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Temptations - the restaurant

I met up with my friend and her niece for dinner out at the restaurant (Temptations in Mountain View) that made the wonderful biryani that was the star of my lunch salad.

My meal started with a tomato soup with herbs:



It was good but not great. Oh, and excuse the blurry photos - I was in a hurry to take them so I could get down to eating!

My friend ordered the hot and sour soup.


I didn't try that one because it was very spicy.

And we all tried the vegetable samosas.


These were quite delicious especially when dipped in the sweet sauce (the brown one).

For the main meal we each ordered a different entree and shared.

In the foreground is the Butter Chicken and in the back left is the Chicken Tikka Masala.
We all agreed that the Butter Chicken and the Chicken Tikka Masala tasted very similar. Again, they were good but not great.

The star of the dinner tonight was the Chicken Tava:


This dish was a standout. It was spicy without being overly hot and it was bursting with flavor.

And to round out our spicy meal we walked down the street for gelato.


 I, of course, stayed away from any of the sweet flavors.

Two raspberry and lemon sorbettos and I can't quite remember what my friend's niece ordered but I know one of them was pistacio.  
This was a great way to end the meal. The lemon sorbetto was a nice palatte cleanser after the spicy meal.

Temptations was a nice restaurant but the food was a bit hit and miss. I think it would be a great place to go if you figure out the standout dishes and stick with those.

Night all!

1 comment: