Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Avocado soup

I am getting a surprising amount of work done today. And when I broke for lunch I was in the mood for soup.


Avocado soup.
I tossed the following into a pot:


1 1/2 avocados
1 cup of coconut water
1 nectarine
1 tsp. of ponzu
1/2 tsp. of soy sauce
a sprinkle of onion powder
black pepper to taste
a pinch of salt


I pureed it with the immersion blender until it was smooth.


You can leave out the ponzu if you are not a fan of a citrus tang to your soup and just add in more soy sauce.


This soup turned out surprisingly good. I served it warm but I think it would be just as delicious served cold.




I managed to fix my dishwasher! No more hand washing for me :-)









 

2 comments:

  1. i love avocados!! but i've never thought to make a soup using them. going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete