Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Souffles and dressings

Today I made one of my favorite salad dressings. I don't make it that often because I have been known to lick the salad bowl clean to get up every last drop. 

I have also may have eaten all of this dressing in one sitting (yeah, I am not proud of it :-).



Salad with miso dressing.
Highly addictive miso dressing

Serves 6

1/4 cup of mellow red miso (you can also use white miso)
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of oil (I used 1/2 Udo's oil and 1/2 olive oil)
1 tsp. of raspberry honey
1 tsp. of champagne vinegar
a couple of drops of soy sauce

Combine all ingredients in a blender (or use an immersion blender) and process until smooth.

Enjoy!



As I was happily munching away on my salad, I remembered I had this can in the fridge. It had been in there a while so I knew I needed to either use it or toss it.



No recipe for this one since I just kept throwing things in the pot till I liked the result. But I can tell you the basic ingredients:

1/2 can of diced tomatoes
dried basil
dried oregano
a dash of salt
enough water to cover the tomatoes
garlic powder
onion powder
1/8 a cup of white rice
1 tsp. of honey
1 tsp. of Bulgarian yogurt


If you let the pot cook until the rice become mushy - then you can use the immersion blender and the rice acts like a cream substitute. So if you are looking for a non-dairy cream soup you can stop here (or use soy milk). 

I ended up adding in 1 tsp. of Bulgarian yogurt because I wanted the color just right.


And if you get overzealous with the immersion blender like I did, you end up with a soup that has a fluffy souffle-like texture. 

I topped mine with fresh chopped basil.

2 comments:

  1. I love miso dressing! I'm going to have to try that recipe out fo sho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love miso dressing!!

    ReplyDelete