Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

The big leap

[source]

This fall I will be traveling to Massachusetts with my siblings to bury my mother's ashes. This is a somber activity at best.

But events like the internment remind everyone that life is short and that it is best not to put off the things that you really want in life.

My brothers and sisters are all planning short vacations on the east coast after the ceremony. 

Which is really fitting since shortly after my father passed (I was around 8 at the time) my mother made a very bold and brave decision to take 6 of us (my oldest sister was pregnant at the time and couldn't travel) to Ireland for a summer - all by herself!

What did I decide to do? I decided to spend a week in New York. 

The plane reservations have been confirmed. The decision is a big leap for me but I am pretty excited about it.

I am hoping to meetup with some NY bloggers while I am there!

To celebrate my bold move, I made an easy shredded chicken salad.



I used the last of the miso dressing *sniff*. I will just have to make another batch :-)

I chopped up some steamed broccoli -


And one carrot, shredded -


And the last bits of the left over fruit salad.



It's back to the grindstone for me!

I hope everyone is having a great Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I am glad that you are taking advantage of every second and thanks for giving us that inspiration to remember to do the same.

    ReplyDelete