Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A lemony morning

This morning I was craving lemons. And the dogs? The dogs were craving grass.

I dealt with my cravings first. Cue the lemon pancakes:



I used my favorite pancake mix.



I followed the package directions with these substitutions:

- I only added 1/3 of a cup of water (instead of 1/2 cup).

- I also added the juice and zest of one lemon.

 The pancakes turned out great. 




 One looked like a fish - 




 These ended up being even more perfect with a poached egg on top.


A sprinkle of lemon zest on top.

And because you know I love the yolk shots - 





Then I doused everything with syrup because the world is always a better place with the addition of maple syrup.



To fulfill the dogs cravings, I made my green mix.

1 Tbsp. of Kyo-Green, 2 Tbsp. of yogurt and 1 Tbsp. of Udo's oil.


The dogs go nutty over this mix. Both dogs get excited when they see me reach for the Kyo-green bottle. I know, it is the oddest thing.

Connor did steal a lick while I was taking pictures.



Did you notice the new plate?


The plate isn't really new. This plate was considered the 'children's' plate when I was little. I have vivid memories of eating holiday dinners and watching the picture at the bottom of the plate be revealed bit by bit and bite by bite.

When my mom passed, I asked for some of these plates. 

This is the first time I have taken them out. I hope you like them :-)



Happy Tuesday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment