Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Some mornings...

Some mornings I have urges to make a regular breakfast. 

Some mornings I want to be just like other people and spend a morning going crazy with porridge, reveling in cereal or exuberantly celebrating with toast.


And then I end up making my usual, not breakfast, breakfast.


Potato soup with soy bacon and tea with soymilk.
I put the leftover mashed potatoes from last night's dinner into a soup pan. I added some water and some Bulgarian yogurt. 


While the soup was warming up, I crisped up some soy bacon.


Yes, I am still on a bacon kick but since I don't think pounds and pounds of pork products are good for any one person to ingest in the space of a week, I switched to this:




Don't make the same mistake that I did and assume you can cook this like regular bacon. You will end up with a smoke filled kitchen and not one but two batches of soy bacon that are burnt beyond recognition.

Then I got with the program and heated two strips on medium low until they were crispy. This method worked perfectly.

I chopped the soy bacon strips and added them to the soup.



I also gobbled down a big orange. I couldn't help taking a big bite of it before I took the picture. 


And another mug of tea - 


Well, I am off to get some work done. Have a good one!

SM2C5EEZ4AS3

0 comments:

Post a Comment