Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Trying something new


Potatoes, carrots, broccoli rabe, onion, red pepper and mushrooms in a soy glaze.

Pretty much all I have been wanting lately is vegetables. This, in an of itself, is not a bad thing. But when you are trying to make sure you get enough protein everyday? 

The constant craving for tons of veggies is not really supporting my protein plan.

My breakfast was delicious. I set the potatoes, carrots and broccoli rabe into the steamer.  While they steamed I put a little olive oil and butter on low heat and tossed in some chopped onions to caramelize.


When the onions were just starting to caramelize I tossed in some chopped red pepper and some chopped mushrooms.

I let that simmer for a few minutes then I added the rest of the veggies from the steamer and splashed everything with some soy sauce and gave it a stir.

A very yummy (if lacking in protein) breakfast.


I will have to try and eat this a little later:


Here is a shot of Connor, the sweetie who is still recuperating, showing avid interest in my protein bar.


Why is he lusting after my protein bar?

You just can't keep that guy away from anything remotely related to peanut butter.
 I will have to make him a peanut butter treat later.

Oh, and the new thing I am trying today? Bodyrock.tv

I have seen people mentioning the workouts on their blogs and while I was not that impressed at first (the site is heavily geared towards being eye candy for guys IMO) when I stopped to actually check out the workouts I was fairly impressed.

And I like the idea of doing a short, intense workout as opposed to hours in the weight room.

Has anyone else tried the Bodyrock.tv workouts?

2 comments:

  1. You should always eat what you crave-your body is telling you that it needs it. Steamed veggies are always welcome here, regardless if they are for breakfast. Great way to satisfy the craving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I love steamed veggies. I have not seen nor tried the workout you referred to. Hope you emjoy your week and your workout.

    ReplyDelete