Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fiesta breakfast









As you may (or may not) have noticed, my bold resolution to try and attend most of the flow yoga classes at my YMCA has been a total bust.

I just couldn't get myself to go. Usually this lack of follow through would really bother me. I would be awash in guilt and self-criticism.


But I decided to try a different tact. I sat down and thought about what I really wanted. If you are anything like me, this is a fairly novel concept.


I decided what I really wanted was to NOT go to the yoga classes at the Y. Yes, most of them are just fine and a couple of the teachers are OK. But when I walk into a class I always feel like I am practicing yoga in my high school gym.


Anyone else hate their high school gym? [source]


All in all, it is not the yoga experience I have been craving.


I want to walk into the room and get a feeling like this:


Ahhh, nice and calm. [source]

After all that draining brain work I needed sustenance.




I grilled up one chicken and apple sausage and put a bunch of broccoli and green beans into the steamer.


When the sausage and veggies were done, I tossed them into a skillet with 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice, 2 chopped scallions, 2 Tbsp of salsa and 1/2 tsp of taco seasoning.


A great breakfast bowl that was heavy on the veggies, light on the rice and medium on the protein.

I am off to gather up all my yoga clothes and hit the laundry!


Happy Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment