Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Teriyaki stir fry



Teriyaki stir fry.

For lunch I pulled out my last package of soy noodles.




And again, one of my favorite things about these noodles is that I can eat the entire package and it is only 40 calories.

 
While the noodles were parboiling, I chopped up some kale, a carrot, red bell pepper and some mushrooms.



Then I mixed up some homemade Teriyaki sauce (I modified a recipe I found here).

This dish was amazing! Definitely a recipe to make over and over again.

Note to self: Wait for the bowl to stop steaming before taking a picture.   









Right before lunch I did the Stronger & Hotter workout at Bodyrock.tv.

The workout was intense! And I did all the modified versions :-((

The site does a great job of providing thoroughly explained options for beginners.

Since I was unfamiliar with all the moves I made myself a cheat sheet.


And no, I do not have feet that are large blobs and that are the same size as my head. Why do ask??



Teriyaki stir fry with soy noodles

Serves 1

Ingredients:

1 package of Tofu Shirataki noodles
1 carrot, sliced thin
4 kale leaves, chopped
3 button mushroom, sliced
1/4 of a red bell pepper, diced
1/2 tsp of grape seed oil

Teriyaki sauce:

1 Tbsp of mirin
2 1/2 Tbsp of soy sauce
1/2 tsp of rice vinegar
1/8 tsp of sesame oil
2 tsp raw honey (you can substitute sugar)
1 clove of minced garlic
1/2 tsp of of minced ginger
1/8 tsp of chili paste

Instructions:

Chop up the carrot, kale, mushrooms and red bell pepper and set aside.

Cook the soy noodles according to package directions. When cooked, drain the noodles and set aside.

Combine the sauce ingredients (use a microwave safe bowl) and heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds that the honey melts.  Stir the sauce and set it aside.

Put a skillet over medium-high heat and add in the oil. When the oil is hot, add in all of the vegetables and stir continuously until the vegetables are tender but still a bit crisp. Turn the heat down to medium and add in the soy noodles and pour the sauce on top. Stir till everything is well coated in the sauce and let cook another few minutes till everything is heated through.

Plate your delicious teriyaki noodles and top with some sliced green onions.

Enjoy!





4 comments:

  1. stir fry is one of my favorite things to cook at eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stir fry... you can never go wrong. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stir fry is a well rounded quick meal. Nice teriyaki sauce recipe-yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That workout sounds awesome - and I love your "cheat sheet" =)

    These noodles look absolutely delicious too - steam and all =)

    ReplyDelete