Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mac & Cheese with kale

Vegan Mac & Cheese with kale.
I am sure you are all just dying to know that I spent much of the day staring at my teeth with a hand mirror.

Ever been blissfully unaware about some part of your appearance and then someone points it out you just can't help obsessing? 

Yup, that was me today.



I am going to try and control myself tonight and apply the Crest white strips for the recommend 30 minutes instead of leaving them on for 3 hours in the vain hope of faster results. 


Comfort was the order of the day today and so enters the Mac & Cheese.








The dogs got to enjoy a piece of the uncooked fresh pasta because the second I opened the fresh pasta package they were both in the kitchen with their noses in the air sniffing.

Nothing too new in this dish. I was just doing more experimentation.

But I can tell you what I put in it:

unsweetened soymilk
nutritional yeast
paprika
tumeric
onion powder
garlic powder
Earth Balance spread
All Purpose Flour

While the pasta was cooking I tore up some kale and threw it into the pot.

The sauce is simple: Put all the ingredients in the pot and simmer till thickened. 

Drain the pasta and kale and pour the sauce over everything and stir till everything is coated in the cheese sauce.

A very satisfying Tuesday night meal.

Night all.

3 comments:

  1. WOW, that looks "real"! hehe

    I'm getting nutritional yeast delivered to me this week, can't wait to use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fantastic. Those white stripes make my teeth hurt lol.

    ReplyDelete