Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Tofu noodle soup


Tofu noodle soup.


Today I was craving a big bowl of noodle soup. But I didn't want a ton of carbohydrates because all I really wanted was protein and vegetables.

Cue the tofu noodles:


I parboiled the noodles (according to package directions) and set them aside.

Next I put 2 cups of vegetable broth in a soup pot to boil and added in one small head of bok choy, one carrot and one green onion (all chopped). 


After everything had boiled for 10 minutes I tossed in the tofu noodles.






Did the tofu noodles taste like noodles? Meh, not so much. They are pretty flavorless. 


But did they make a nice chewy substitute for regular noodles? Most definitely.


And I ate the entire package of tofu noodles which equaled 40 calories, 1g of fat and 2g of protein. Not a bad way to satisfy a craving.

1 comment: