Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mac and cheese > oatmeal

I started out this morning seriously contemplating having oatmeal.

Then I ended up having this:

Quinoa  mac and cheese with corn and crispy 'chicken' nuggets.
 But I am getting ahead of myself. While I was looking for the oatmeal I spotted this:


And I remembered I had this in the freezer:


And I had this to use up:



Add in some soymilk, nutritional yeast, Earth Balance blend, some corn starch, paprika, garlic, a dash of salt and pepper, some quinoa macaroni cooked al dente, some cooked red corn and three pieces of 'chicken' nuggets browned in the oven and you get this:

An extra sprinkle of paprika on top.
This was so good that I ate the whole thing BEFORE blogging. Shocking - I know!

The dogs were begging for some but I was not going to share.

Fine - I did give them some leftover pizza to compensate if you must know but only after I finished eating. I do have standards...


If you are looking for a mac and cheese recipe you can find a full recipe I posted here


I make is a bit different every time but that is a good place to start.


I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!





 

2 comments:

  1. Hehe good choice over the oatmeal, I probably would have picked this too! Looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks super good, I am making Mac N Cheese tonight I'm trying my hand at a lighter version of mac n cheese. Hopefully it turns out as good as yours looks. :)

    ReplyDelete