Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Something to share - great news!

This is not a food-centric post but I did have something to share. 

I started posting consistently back in January 2011. At that time I was between a size 16-18. 

Now, nine months later I am much smaller. I didn't really realize this until I went shopping.

I needed clothes for my upcoming trip and I went into a store and grabbed what is my usual size. It was way too big.

I went down another size - still too big.

The salesperson got me the next lower size - it fit but verging on being too big.

I am all about the comfort so I went with the size 12. But really, I am in between a size 12 and size 10. 

I am 5'5" so this in no way means I am skinny but I am sooo proud of myself!

And I got to this size while still eating meals like this:


Chicken Marsala.


Shepherd's pie tacos.



Salad with poached egg.
I tend to post the bigger meals I have during the day and the rest is mostly vegetables, fruit and protein. 

And I tend to shy away from this kind of post because any type of focus on my weight loss tends to send me back-peddling at a furious pace - but I am just so thrilled I had to share. 

But I do have to say - having the support of readers and reading other people's posts has been so inspirational that this weight loss journey has gone by in the blink of an eye and I am stunned I am at the place I am today.

Reading your posts gave me the energy to just get up and do some kind of exercise every day, concentrate on eating what was good for my body and just being kind to myself.

So, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone - you all have been a big part in my success!



2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on your big achievement! And the person you have to thank the most is YOURSELF - great job =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! The best things are that you were not on a so called diet regimen like Jenny Craig and that it was a nice surprise. Well done-have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete