Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tomato and egg crisps

Tomato and egg crisps.

I suppose this could technically be called a breakfast pizza but the crust ended up being very thin and crispy like a cracker.



I started with making Jenna's pizza dough.




The dough recipe makes enough for 4 decent sized pizzas so I divided it into quarters and froze all but one section.




Then I rolled out the dough.



While the dough was rising I put 1 cup of pizza sauce along with 1/2 tsp of oregano, basil, parsley, 1 tsp of Tofutti cream cheese and 1 cup of water. 


I let this simmer and reduce until it was a thick paste. 


Then I spread a generous amount onto the dough. 




And then a heavy snowfall of grated Parmesan.




It went into a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. Then I pulled it out and carefully ladled on 3 eggs.


I put it back into the oven for about another 6 minutes. Just cook it until the eggs are set the way your prefer.










A sprinkle of oregano on top.


A very delicious breakfast and I have leftovers to have for another two meals. 


Happy Wednesday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. holy crap emily this is probably ZEE best thing you've made thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! I would agree with the comment above this is DELISH. I want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Michelle O

    Thanks Michelle - I think the photos came out so well because it was overcast that day = perfect indirect light.

    ReplyDelete