Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Creamy, cheesy "grits" with grilled corn


Roasted acorn squash "grits" with grilled corn.

I think some form of grits may become my version of morning oatmeal from now on. Who cares that the "grits" I made this morning contained no cornmeal at all. 


This morning I started with this:


The other half of the roasted acorn squash from yesterday and one ear of roasted corn.


No real recipe today just some simple instructions:

Put 1 cup of roasted acorn squash in a pan with the corn (kernels cut off the cob) and add in 2/3 of a cup of chicken broth and bring up to a simmer.


Stir in 1 tsp of Tofutti cream cheese, 2 Tbsp of Parmesan and 1/2 tsp of Earth Balance spread. Feel free to substitute cream cheese and butter - I just used what I had on hand.


It turned out creamy and just a little bit sweet with an occasional sweet crunch from the corn.









I enjoyed my bowl topped with a drizzle of Sriracha sauce.



I think I am all squashed out at this point. I am going to have something completely different for lunch :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment