Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sweet and sour pork stir fry for one

Sweet and sour stir fry.

Anyone who has been reading this blog for any length of time will not be surprised that this was my breakfast this morning.

I had a moment last night when I was staring at contents of my freezer (which by the way is STILL 3/4 full) it occurred to me that a pork chop would be awesome for breakfast as long as it included sweet and sour sauce.

The pork chop went into a hot skillet, browned on both sides and then 1/2 cup of veggie broth and 1 Tbsp. of soy sauce went into the pan and I cooked it (covered) for another 7 minutes.


I really can't stand any tendon or fat texture in meat (I've been that way since I was a little kid) so I cut off the fatty bitsI wonder if anyone else does this??

The dogs got to enjoy the parts I cut out :-)

Veggies and meat ready for stir frying.

This dish turned out stunning, incredible, delicious and possibly a life changing meal. I kid you not.

 
When I order sweet and sour dishes in restaurants the sauce is always way to sweet for my tastes. This sauce turned out more tangy than sweet which I loved!



I enjoyed this blissful meal with a big mug of green tea.



Make this meal as soon as possible. You will love it!
  
Sweet and sour pork stir fry

Serves 1

Ingredients:

1 pork chop, 1 1/2" thick
1/2 cup of broccoli florets
1 cup of packaged coleslaw mix
2 button mushrooms, sliced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 cup of vegetable broth
1 Tbsp. of soy sauce
1/2 tsp. of grape seed oil

Sweet and sour sauce:
1/2 cup of pineapple chunks with juice
2 Tbsp. of rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. of vegetable broth
1 1/2 Tbsp. of raw honey
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. of ketchup
1 tsp. of corn starch

Instructions:

Put a skillet on medium-high heat and add in the grape seed oil. When the pan is hot, add in the pork chop and cook on each side until nicely browned. Then add in the broth and soy sauce, cover the pan and let cook another 7 minutes or until cooked through.

Let the meat rest for 10 minutes and then cut into medium sized cubes.

While the meat rests, toss all but the cornstarch into a sauce pan over low heat. When the sauce begins to simmer, mix the corn starch with a little bit of water and add this mixture to the sauce. Stir occasionally until the sauce become thick and glossy. Take it off the heat and set it aside.

Wipe out the skillet and put it back on medium-high heat. Add in the oil and when the pan it hot, add in the veggies. Stir constantly until the cabbage has wilted but the broccoli is still bright green. Add back in the pork and add 3/4 of the sauce and stir to combine.

Serve the sweet and sour pork over a bed of rice. Drizzle the rest of the sauce over the top.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. hey sometimes i crave dinner for breakfast or breakfast for dinner. ain't no shame!

    ReplyDelete