Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

A Popeye start to the 4th

Mostly egg white scramble with tortilla and spinach.

I hope you all have fun plans for the 4th!

I started my day with lots of spinach - a very Popeye themed start to my day :-)



While two large handfuls of spinach was wilting in a skillet over medium heat, I tore 1 corn tortilla into small pieces.

When the spinach started looking a little dry, I whisked in one whole egg and three egg whites.

A pinch of salt, pepper, dried basil and a sprinkle of dried parsley.


I started with one spoonful of salsa on top but by the time I was done eating I ended up having two more spoonfuls. 




Today starts my second week of P90x. I do have to say I am still incredibly sore after every workout. Hopefully that will get better this week.

Oh, and I also had a big mug of tea. I need caffeine to power my workouts!






Have a safe 4th of July!!

3 comments:

  1. I am the only one in my household who likes Spinach so this will come in handy on the nights when we have fend for yourself night! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. spinach is soo good in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm this looks so delicious and really colorful!

    ReplyDelete