Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Kinda Cobb - kinda not



Today I wanted a Cobb salad but I didn't want all of the fat that comes with it so I made my own version.

I chopped up some iceberg lettuce along with some romaine.

Here is a handy tip if you love the thin strips of carrot but you don't have a food processor. After you clean and peel the carrot, just keep peeling. You will have very thin flat strips of carrot that are easy to slice into thin strips.

It wouldn't be Cobb-like if there wasn't some bacon - turkey bacon that is.
The lettuce went into my big salad bowl and then the following was tossed in:

1 cup of cooked chicken
1/2 cup of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1 Tbsp. of chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 Tbsp. of Newman's Own Balsamic vinaigrette
1/4 cup of diced avocado





Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Good ingredient choices here on this lovely salad, I wish I had that for lunch. Healthy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete