Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Seafood feast

I had a fun day yesterday. 

I spent the afternoon shopping and doing errands with a friend. Doing boring errands is always much more fun with company.

We were both starving by 2pm, so we decided to stop for a late lunch at Gumbas.

Gumbas is a cute, casual pizzeria/Italian restaurant.  


And we were both in the mood for seafood!

Oh, and excuse the photos - they were taken with my phone.


Shellfish Nicoise salad with prawn, shrimp and crab meat.


I went with:

Crab Louie salad.

The salads were simple but what I loved about them was the very generous portions of seafood.

And I also loved the fact that they served the salad completely devoid of dressing so that I was able to control the fat content. 

We also ordered a plate of bruschetta to share.


If you love cheese, this is a great bruschetta but, unfortunately, the cheese would have pushed the fat level of this meal over the top for me. 

And it is moments like these when I really hate having a stomach that gets REALLY upset if I ingest too much fat. 

I did have a little of the bruschetta and it was delicious!

I am heading out later today to see Horrible Bosses. I will let you know if it is any good :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment