Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Some like it hot

A mostly egg-white omelet with basil, tomato, mozzarella and a sprinkle of Frank's Red Hot sauce.  


I woke up just as the sun was rising and headed out for a nice and slow 2 miles before the day started to heat up.

When I got back I was craving omelets and apples. 

Oh, yeah, and hot sauce.

So, I grabbed what I had in the fridge:

Eggs, basil, diced tomatoes, Frank's Hot Sauce, olive oil, black pepper, parsley and mozzarella.

I did take pictures of the cooking process but for some reason all of the photos I take in my kitchen end up turning out really yellow.

Maybe it is the lack of natural light??

Someday I will figure out the rest of the nifty features in  Lightroom so that I can tone down or remove color saturation.

I only used one whole egg the rest was egg whites. So, it was a fairly trim omelet even though I added in some cheese.



And since you are probably wondering - Yes, Frank's Hot Sauce does taste pretty yummy on granny smith apples:-)

I am going to try my hand at making eggplant Parmesan later today.

Happy Tuesday all!

3 comments:

  1. And green apples! Wow. Lovely combo. Your nice slow run sounds like such a great way to start the day. I wish I could motivate myself to get my running done in the morning. Maybe tomorrow... thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I change lighting if it's too yellow on Picasa. It's free and really nifty to use! :-)
    Hot sauce tastes good in everything!

    ReplyDelete