Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Ceasar salad



I did have a craving for Caesar salad when I woke up this morning. I don't know whether it was a craving for the anchovy/fishy thing or the strong garlic flavor in the dish.

But it all started off with this:


I coddled the eggs by boiling some water and then gently placing two eggs in the pot ( I always have one for a backup) - take them off the heat and let them sit for one minute.

Then I filled the pot with cold water and assembled the rest of the dressing.

The garlic, anchovies, salt, pepper, olive oil and Parmesan went into a bowl. I peeled one of the eggs and scooped out the still runny yolk. I whisked all together in a bowl.



Then I tossed in the romaine and blended everything together with my fingers. It works best that way.



Then a little grated Parmesan.



And some black pepper.

1 comment:

  1. I can officially say I have never craved a Caesar salad at breakfast time! Although it looks fantastic and now I'd love one!

    ReplyDelete