Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sushi combo

Unagi with avocado roll, tuna roll and california roll.
The rest of the family that was attending the internment arrived last night. After a busy day everyone was starving.

We ended up at a restaurant that had a Chinese side and a Japanese side - ie. if you sat on one side of the restaurant you ordered from the Japanese food menu - if you sat on the other side of the restaurant you ordered from the Chinese food menu.

Odd, I know...

We chose the Japanese food side.

 
The Japanese food side of the restaurant was set up very similar to a Benihana. 

I wasn't in the mood for something heavy so I went with the sushi combo which came with a salad:

Salad with sesame ginger dressing.

I was so hungry that I finished most of my miso soup before I remembered to take a picture of it.

 
Everyone had a fun time watching the chef cook their food.

 
My brother loved one of the dipping sauces so much - 

 
that he poured most of the spicy ginger sauce (the one on the left) directly on top of his meat and vegetables.


I thought this was a brilliant idea!

My sushi was good but the tuna was especially yummy.



I will admit to giving away most of the unagi rolls and california rolls to my brother-in-law. I really only wanted the tuna and I was stuffed after having one each of the other two rolls.

My brother enjoyed coconut ice cream for dessert.


Having dinner with so many people at the table reminded me of being a kid and my three brothers and three sisters all talking/laughing at the same time.


I am off to Boston tomorrow morning - lots of pictures for you tomorrow!
 

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous sushi! i wish more japanese places had coconut ice cream (instead of green tea or red bean)

    ReplyDelete