Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Destination east coast

I have arrived in Boston!


Things have been so hectic lately that I took 2 days off from blogging - which is a rare occurrence for me. 

The clear sign that you are on the east coast?

Dunkin' Donuts at the airport!  



Just to keep you up to date - my mother died almost a year ago. Me and my siblings have been waiting for a time when most of us could travel back to Massachusetts to bury my mother's ashes.

It is a somber event but all of us have had time to deal with the loss and we are all using this time to celebrate all of the things my mother loved.

So, I am looking forward to going to the Wayside Inn tomorrow - one of my mother's favorite places.

The drive to Framingham was very nostalgic for all of us.

The tunnel after you leave the airport and on the way to the Massachusetts turnpike.

A blurry view of the Boston skyline.

The toll ticket looks exactly the same.
We didn't get to the hotel until around 9pm. We were all exhausted and it was getting too late to get dinner out so we ran over to Stop&Shop for some groceries.

I came back to the room with this haul:

Green apples, low fat soup, soymilk, mushrooms, Pellegrino, salsa, broccolini, hummus and lettuce.

I whipped up a quick dinner in the cute little kitchenette in my room:



Vegetable soup, Pellegrino, a green apple and some raw broccolini with some hummus for dipping.

I am off to bed - hoping to get an early workout in tomorrow before we head off to the Wayside Inn.

Night all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment