Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Jet lag and waffles

I only managed to get 4 hours sleep last night. It always takes me a day or two to adjust to the time difference.

I was up at 6:15 am local time and I headed straight for the hotel gym. I managed to get 25 minutes on the stair master and my sister walked into the gym towards the end of my workout. 

When I got back to the room I made a post workout snack using this cool item I found at the store last night:


It is a multigrain hot cereal that comes in these convenient individual packets.

I only used half a packet because if I eat hot cereal I am really only able to finish about 1/4 of a cup.

I popped it in the microwave with some water for 1 minute and added in some soymilk and chopped green apple.



After I showered and dressed, I headed back down to the lobby to meet my siblings and hopefully scrounge up some protein.


I ate two pieces of the melon before my sister cheerily reminded me of the recall. Hopefully this was a listeria free melon...

The eggs were OK but I wasn't quite sure if they were made from a powder mix or fresh.  

My sister was kind enough to do a demonstration of the waffle maker. I need to head down to the lobby soon so no picture captions but you will get the gist :-)
















And, no, I didn't eat a waffle. That one is my brother's waffle which my sister doctored up with everything at the waffle bar:-)

I am off - Have a great Thursday everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. Ha-I was sure that you did not eat that waffle-not your savory style at all. Regarding the fruit, it must be on sale because I am now seeing everywhere, not eating or buying it these days.
    Kudos to you keeping up on exercise and healthy food while traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried that brand of oats before, I pack it along with me when traveling and it's great!
    That waffles has me drooling-wow.

    ReplyDelete