Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bagels in the morning

Bagel with cream cheese and lox
Deciding to walk to Faneuil Hall on a holiday weekend probably wasn't the best idea. But I was only in Boston for half a day and I really wanted to see it. This is what I happened upon:


It was crowded but not too bad - then I walked into the food hall...

 

The food hall was completely packed. It took me about 30 minutes to make it from one end to the other.


It was 84 degrees outside and it was about 10 degrees hotter in the food hall.


I headed back to the hotel to cool off.










I ended up having dinner at the hotel because there were still buckets of drunken revelers stumbling about and since I am traveling solo - I was not about to wander around by myself. 

The next morning I walked over to Faneuil Hall for breakfast and it was a completely different experience.




Ahhh, now that is more like it.




Even though it was early in the morning there were a smattering of people wandering around. I love getting to places so early that the morning deliveries are still arriving.




 I ended up here for breakfast:


A bagel and coffee was a perfect way to start the day.



Have a great Tuesday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Ha-if I had seen that lunch crowd, I would not have ventured forward. Nothing like fighting through all the armpits to get lunch!
    Breakfast is definitely the better time to go-your breakfast does look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next morning looked way better to me to I hate being stuck in crowded places with lots of drinking going on lol. I'd take that bagel and coffee and no one around any morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Boston--but the real question is how was the bagel?

    ReplyDelete