Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I feel like Jackie O


I did my run in Central Park!!!

What was meant to be a leisurely 3 mile run turned into a 7.5 mile run because I have zero sense of direction and I ended up running in loops. But it was no matter because I had tons of company for the whole run.


In addition to the buckets of runners there were lots of people exercising their dogs.


I entered the park at 5th ave and ran through most of the park to get to the Jackie O reservoir.


It really is a great running path - it has a dirt/sand surface that is easy on the knees.




To back track a bit - I woke up at around 5:45 am because I was so excited about running in Central Park - I know, I am a goof.

Since I had to wait for the sun to come up before I could head out, I ordered a quick breakfast:

A poached egg and crispy hash browns.

Coffee

I did discover some surprising things on my run.

I had no idea that there was a zoo in Central Park - a really teeny tiny zoo but a zoo nonetheless.



The seal pool - Yes, there were seals in there
There are statues and surprising touches all throughout the park such as this:


It is a statue of a crouching panther and it sits on top of a boulder that is right beside the running path. It really looks like it is ready to pounce:-)

And I found places that I would not dare to go even in broad daylight with lots of people around:



Happy Wednesday!

 

4 comments:

  1. I have always wondered how big and how lush Central park is! Lucky you-now you know. I do not think it is strange to go running there while visiting.
    Great pick on the breakfast plate-especially the hash browns-yum! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great run! I have been to Central Park but never running through it...I can imagine it is absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love poached eggs and hash browns!

    that place is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures of the run around Central Park makes me want to visit New York although I would have collapsed at the end of 7.5 miles. That is about 1/3 of a marathon. I would have to leave markers so I could find my way back.

    ReplyDelete