Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Seasoned turkey breakfast patties

Seasoned turkey breakfast patties.
This morning I woke up and realized I had some ground turkey I needed to use up in the fridge AND that the dogs were pretty much out of kibble.

So, it was turkey patties for all!

No real recipe for this one but I did combine:

1/2 tsp of Sage
1/2 tsp of Thyme
1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper
2 pinches of salt
1 Tbsp of Heinz chili sauce
1 pinch of garlic powder
1 Tbsp of dried parsley 
1 tsp of maple syrup
3/4 lb of ground turkey

I mixed everything together and made patties. I made bigger ones for me and smaller ones (about half the size of mine) for the dogs.


They went into a pan with a bit of olive oil and cooked on medium heat for about 15 minutes.


I enjoyed mine with a simple tossed salad.





I was going to go see my friend's agility run this afternoon but then it occurred to me that right before I left for the trip I got a citation because one of my break lights was out.

So, I will have to head across the street to the local garage and have them fix it so I can drive over to the police station so that they can sign off that the light has been fixed.

Bleh, not the most fun thing to do on a Monday...

And if you were wondering about the running bras I bought while I was in NYC here they are:

Size XL to hold in the girls.
It was made with some wicking fabric which would have felt great if I didn't need to layer another bra on top.



And the shelf bra I bought one size smaller for that extra holding power.


If you imagine this is a comfortable running solution you would be wrong. I pretty much ended up with shelf bra being so tight around my ribcage that it was tough to take a deep breath.

But I would definitely opt for the semi-gasping option than the pain of trying to run without proper support.

Yeah, it was a trade off and it goes to show you what pains I will go to so I can get a run in:-)

I am going to have to throw on my backpack later and hike to the local market for dinner supplies - which, of course, means the dogs will be getting another home cooked meal for dinner.

I am sure they will not be complaining about that))


Happy Monday, all!!

 

2 comments:

  1. The last time I bought any of that tight Nike stuff it just cut into my arms at the openings. Never again.
    Anyhow, you did a great job whipping those patties together, I like the seasonings you used. Anyhow I have got to get back to my baking...until next time friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love nike gear!

    turkey patties are looking delish

    ReplyDelete