Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lesson learned

Lesson learned - have this before anything else.


This is not a cup of coffee. It is a hearty mug of very strong tea with milk and sugar. 

When I was growing up if more than one person appeared in the room, the immediate reaction was, "Want a cup of tea?"

Anyone else who grew up with drinking really strong tea with milk and sugar? And I am talking strong - as in - if I used Lipton tea I would need at least 2 tea bags in my mug to brew a decently strong cup. Feel free to reply whether or not you have Celtic heritage:-)

Breakfast is coming soon - after the tea hits my system...

1 comment:

  1. I didn't grow up with tea + cream + sugar but learned to love it when I was in London oh so many years ago. My landlady, Betsy Smith, from Northern Ireland, served strong tea with milk and sugar--and I was hooked. Unfortunately, when I came home and got in the habit of taking a thermos-full of t+c+s, I gained about 20 pounds! Moderation in all things, eh?

    ReplyDelete