Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Blueberries, pears and kale, Oh, my!

I broke out the juicer this morning. 

I am using a Breville - on loan from my sister. 


The most important rule about using this juicer? Make sure to rinse all the part thoroughly IMMEDIATELY after juicing - No exceptions! Otherwise the pulp will dry and harden up like cement and be very hard to remove. You have been warned.


The ingredients - 


I threw in a carrot, a couple of stalks of celery, two handfuls of blueberries, a red pear, some kale and a nice juicy cucumber. 

My sister gave me a great tip about juicing - when adding slightly bitter greens in with your juice (like kale) make sure to include a pear - which, for some reason, seems to work better at mellowing out the taste than apples. 

The results.

A mug full of antioxidant goodness.

The dogs got a handful of blueberries sprinkled over their kibble. It is always fun to watch them hunting down each little juicy globe before they move on to the rest of their meal. 

On the agenda today - hitting the farm stand for a fresh supply of eggs and veggies. And if it doesn't rain - possibly some pictures of chickens. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment