Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Baba ganoush with polenta crostini

Baba ganoush with crispy polenta.

I picked up the cutest little Indian eggplants at the store yesterday. The largest one was about the size of a tennis ball so I knew I would have to figure out a dish that would only needed a little bit of roasted eggplant.

Enter baba ganoush bites with crispy polenta.

I made a traditional baba ganoush but I went heavy on the garlic and lemon and light on the tahini and olive oil.

The bites got topped with a sprinkle of parsley and a slice of black olive.

These turned out great and I will have to remake them when I need an appetizer to bring to a party.

If you want to try making them you can find a great baba ganoush recipe here at Simply Recipes.

For the crostini - I made some polenta according to the package directions - then I poured it into a flat pan and let it cool. 

Then I inverted the pan over a cookie sheet and it dropped out in one piece. I cut it into small squares and put them in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.

The dogs munched on some crostini sans baba ganoush:-)

Now I am off to take the dogs for a long walk - it is bright and sunny here today!


 

2 comments:

  1. These look pretty tasty! I have never had the little eggplants, but I do like the big ones. I always like coming across new appetizer recipes, especially if they are more on the healthy side. Enjoy the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete