Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Simply fantastic

Pasta with olive oil and garlic.

I am having a great time reading through Vegan Italiano.

There are so many great looking recipes it was difficult to pick one to try first. 

I decided that the simplest things are often the best so I went with the recipe for Spaghetti with Olive Oil.

All I needed was some cooked spaghetti, garlic, olive oil, salt and black pepper.

The dish turned out surprisingly delicious even though I omitted the salt. 


The key to this very simple recipe? The garlic is lightly browned. 

With every mouthful, you bite into pieces of the browned garlic - which has mellow pungency with none of the bitter taste of raw garlic. Brilliant!

It is definitely not a meal to enjoy right before a hot date or a long business meeting since the garlic is the real star of this dish.

I am looking forward to the next recipe on my list: Fettuccine with Basil-Pea Cream.


Check in tomorrow to see how it turns out:-)





0 comments:

Post a Comment