Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tostada

Tostada with homemade refried beans.

I had a can of pinto beans in the cupboard that I wanted to use up.

The beans went into a pan with some cumin, pepper and vegetable broth.

I let them simmer for about and hour and then blended them with a hand blender.

Homemade refried beans with Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella.
Then I topped the beans and cheese with spinach, avocado, shredded carrot, shredded cabbage, chopped scallions and salsa.


Does anyone have an idea about how to eat a tostada with some semblance of grace?

After the first bite things got very messy...


I am setting this post to upload this afternoon and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I manage to get in at least a small nap before then.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this look delicious. I have not tried making a tostada at home before. I am going to now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat tostadas for lunch often and have yet to figure out a graceful way to eat one!

    ReplyDelete