Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Green is good

Double stuffed baked potato topped with a sprinkle of red and yellow pepper.
It was one of those days when all the pictures seem to come out fuzzy so I am only including a couple.

I am a little behind on the St. Patrick's Day festivities but today I made the most wonderful double stuffed green potatoes.

No recipe but the whole thing was simple. The potato went into a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Then I steamed some broccoli, spinach and leeks.

A quick turn with the immersion blender and the potato and greens became a wonderful melange of color and flavor.

Then I topped them with some grated Parmesan and they went under the broiler for 5 minutes.

Oh, yeah, and I added a bit of goat milk yogurt. This is quickly becoming my favorite recipe ingredient. It is creamy and tangy and adds so much flavor.

 
And my favorite thing to do after eating the filling is to sprinkle a little salt on the empty potato shell and devour the skin. In my opinion the skin is the best part.

 

1 comment: