Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Basil cashew pesto

Basil cashew pesto over mashed potatoes. 
I had a craving for pesto the other day. I picked up a big bunch of basil at the store and completely forgot to pick up some pine nuts.

Doh!!

I did find a container of cashews in my cupboard. 

And so basil cashew pesto was born.

It turned out creamy and packed a great basil punch and the cashews added just a hint of sweetness that I loved.

The pesto made another appearance at lunch.

Steamed green beans and sauteed mushrooms.

The mushrooms came out perfectly browned.

And then I smothered everything with pesto!

Basil cashew pesto

Ingredients:

2 large bunches of basil
1 Tbsp of olive oil
1/4 cup of cashews
2 Tbsp of water
2 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

Place all the ingredients into a blender, food processor or use an immersion blender and blend until you have a thick paste.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily. So glad to see activities on your blog again. We missed you by the last meetup.
    I love this pesto. Actually I have to replace the basil as well since my husband is allergic to both Pine nuts and basil.:-) Maybe a cilantro, cashew pesto. xoxo

    ReplyDelete