Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Why my dogs think I'm crazy

Pork congee.
The dogs were very excited about their breakfast this morning. 

Yesterday was not a good cooking day for me. I attempted to make what was going to be cream of spinach soup but it turned out, well, let's just say that it went downhill in a spectacular fashion.

But early this morning I noticed (that for the billionth time) I was out of kibble - so yesterday's cooking disaster was magically transformed into a pork congee for the dogs.

Not really all that magical since I did have to add in a bunch of broth, brown rice, a pork chop and let everything simmer for a couple of hours:-)

But during those two hours the dogs got more and more excited.

This is a picture of Connor howling with joy and congee anticipation:


This is the look Abby gave me when I placed the dog bowls (now piled high with the fragrant congee) into the freezer to cool down.

She was not pleased...

Yes, my dogs think I'm crazy.
I had a simple stir fry for breakfast. I didn't feel like eggs this morning so I added in a Morning Star grill burger for a dose of protein.

Stir fry cucumber, carrots, celery and sweet peppers with a Morning Star burger.


I like my burgers topped with a dollop of barbecue sauce and some mustard.
Since my feet have finally finished healing - today I am going to start the Couch to 5K program. Not that I couldn't run a 5K right now but I am trying to re-establish the running habit more than trying to hit any time or distance goals.

So, wish me luck - and here are a couple more shots of the food this morning(and I might actually get some work done this morning since the dogs are currently passed out with food comas :-).

My breakfast is on the left.
 Sigh, the congee looks so much better than my breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to pop in here and see that you are making wise decisions on your meals and that you still have your faithful companions! The morning star grilled burger plate looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about the Couch to 5K program- good luck!

    ReplyDelete