Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Getting my greens on



Today I made one of my favorite salads. It used to be on the menu at Passion Fish in Pacific Grove.

It was a salad that included pan seared goat cheese, pears, candied walnuts and a wonderful balsamic dressing.

It has been years since they included it on their menu but I remember it very fondly.


Yes, the candied walnuts ended up a bit 'well cooked' but they still had a wonderful combination of sweet and spicy.

The panko coated goat cheese slices browned in a hot skillet is what puts this dish over the top. The tart and creamy flavor of the goat's cheese pairs perfectly with the bite of the balsamic vinegar and the sweet/spicy zing of the walnuts.


So, that has been my response to dealing with a low salt (not no salt) diet - bump up the spice!

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment