Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

A protein packed breakfast (vegan)






Quinoa with seasoned vegetables and marinated tofu.  
I have been going through an odd eating phase. For some reason any kind of meat is not agreeing with my stomach.

So, while I have not made a specific decision to eat a vegan diet, lately it seems like all my meals are meat and dairy free. 



I have also started a weightlifting program and I am trying to keep my protein intake fairly high. 

I will admit that I am having trouble getting my protein intake over 120g per day on this mostly vegan eating regime.

Enter the protein powder:

Vega protein powder
To my surprise I found a vegan protein powder that was soy free. While there is nothing wrong with eating soy - I just don't want to be dependent on it to provide the majority of the protein in my diet.

Since I am new to the idea of a (mostly) vegan diet, figuring out how to get enough protein to support muscle building is going to be a work in progress.

But, so far, my stomach is MUCH happier without animal products. 

It will be interesting to see if I get that 'vegan glow' so many websites talk about.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment