Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

The Oscars and appetizers

Vegetarian eggrolls.
I had a great time watching the Oscars with my family yesterday.

I did manage to pick most of the winners but I was most excited about Christopher Plumber winning the best supporting actor award for the movie 'Beginners'.

For my contribution to the movie snacks I made vegetarian eggrolls.

The whole process started with a mix of red and green cabbage, shredded carrot, celery, red pepper, onion, garlic and a bit of seasoning.


Then it was all about the rolling process:








When they were all rolled up - they went into a 425 degree oven. All of the recipes I looked at said to put them in for 10 minutes - well, that didn't work with my oven. I cooked them on one side for 10 minutes and then flipped them and cooked them for another 5 minutes.



They went into a warming oven for the hour while we watched the red carpet procession.
 

Everyone knows the best part of the Oscars is the amazing array of beautiful gowns.

And I did get to leave with a parting gift - homemade lime jam.


Happy Monday all!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment