Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Migraines are BAD!

I gave into a craving for instant noodles with terrible results. MSG is one of the things that - for me - is a guaranteed migraine trigger. I did check out the ingredient list but being the throws of a noodle craving I did not read past the first five - and 30 minutes later when the migraine hit - I finally read ALL of the ingredients and sure enough hidden in very long ingredient list was the dreaded MSG!

Needless to say the planned trip to the pet store to get more kibble never happened. The dogs did win out on this one - Later that evening I made roast chicken breast with quinoa and steamed spinach.

The dogs had golden brown chicken breast over herbed quinoa and steamed spinach with a drizzle of Udo's oil which made it look like the meal had been sprinkled with clarified butter - Yum!! The dinner looked so beautiful it made me very sad that my camera has not arrived yet.

I had the browned chicken breast with teriyaki glaze, garlic herbed quinoa with steamed spinach.

I left the garlic out of the dogs version (garlic is fine for dogs in small amounts) because I tend to save garlic for their favorite dishes such as tomato glazed turkey meatloaf.

0 comments:

Post a Comment