Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stracciatella

Tomorrow morning I leave for my weekend away so I wanted to use up some things in my fridge.



The obvious answer? Stracciatella.

Stracciatella is essentially just an egg drop soup with some added Parmesan cheese, spices and spinach. Simple and delicious.




I whisked together one egg, 1 Tbsp. of grated Parmesan, a small pinch of nutmeg, black pepper, dried parsley and dried basil.




I put 2 cups of chicken broth into a sauce pan and let it come to a boil.


Then I streamed in the egg mixture as I whisked the broth. The egg should cook immediately and look like little shreds. Then I threw in 2 handfuls of spinach. I let it cook for 5 minutes and it was done.




I was extra hungry this morning so I also had:


Coffee with soy milk and toasted sandwich thins with a this spread of coconut butter.
I am going to post my lunch from the laptop for a trial run before the weekend *fingers crossed*


I have a gripping day planned - yeah, you guessed it - laundry.


I doubt my family would be thrilled if I arrived for the weekend sans clothes...

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I love stracciatella! It's one of my favourite soups :D
    I've never made it before though

    ReplyDelete